Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcoming Me to the blog scene

I decided to start my very own blog. We have a family blog that describes in lacking detail the comings and goings of our little ones. It was originally intended to keep our far away family up to date but this is my space. Like you, I have lots of great ideas rolling around up there. Some more developed than others. This is where I will share my ideas, thoughts and occasionally grumblings.

I've had a really terrible day. My path today has been trod by countless other mothers for centuries past. I am not unique in anyway but today it happened to me so, it matters. I found myself almost unable to uphold myself anymore and wanting to fall to my knees. I pleaded for a savior. Expressing that I just can't do it anymore. I suppose that was significant because all too often I try to do it on my own. Today I remembered that God loves me and wants to help our little family.










I love this artwork. I have never seen it before, nor do I know the artist, yet. I love that Christ and the children are the focus amongst the adults.
Update: this is by Carl Bloch and is an exert from a larger painting.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I don't know how many times I felt like that when I was in your situation. The days are long and the worries are troublesome when you are raising children. It is ok to get down on your knees a beg the Lord for help in knowing what to do and when to do it. I know that your righteous desires will be acknowledged by the Lord. Those are His children too. He wants the best for them and for you and Jef. Keep your faith and you will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete